Things to do This Summer
Every year I say I’m going to do everything on my bucket list. It never happens. I mean sure, I get about 1/4 of the way through sometimes half, but I’ve never completed a whole checklist (Unless I have motivation or if my neck is on the line). This year, I want my life to be different. After all, I’m 24 and single. I’m going to turn 25 in November and I need to get my act in gear and start doing. My life has become a bit too humdrum for my liking.
I have stolen Yelp’s to do list for summer, but I have tweaked each item a bit to fit my life better. Plus, I’m lactose and tolerant and apparently these Yelp writers love dairy. Some of them I have already completed, but it was when summer just began so I still count them and will post them on here. Plus, I mean, 50 things to do in one summer is a lot and I’m a bit late on this. I have 13 weekends to do everything I can’t do during the day (I go to work at 8 and get off work at 5, so it can be difficult to schedule some things in).
1. Go to the Banks and have a mini pub crawl.
2. Go to the Starlight Drive-In: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
3. Go to the Cincinnati Zoo: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
4. Eat Blue Smurf Ice Cream! (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…). Ok so they do put a place called Whipty-Do on here, but I hope they really mean King’s Island ice cream, That is the ONLY ice cream I would ever refer to as Smurf ice cream.
5. Go Putt-Putting: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
6. Go to Terry’s Turf Club.
7. Play Paintball: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
8. Visit the Beach at East Fork Lake: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
9. See a movie on Wed at the Rave Theater in the nice section.
10. Go to Washington Park: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
11. Visit the Observation Deck at Carew Tower: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
12. Go to a Reds Game: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
13. Run Through the Sprayground at Smale Riverfront Park: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
14. Go to a Concert at Riverbend: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
15. Send in three short stories to multiple publications.
16. Do one open mic night (Preferably at Southgate Revival House)
17. Go swimming with my niece.
18. Go on a Ghost Tour of Music Hall: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
19. Have an all day video game day.
20. Visit the Observatory: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
21. Roast some smores.
22. Balloon Glow: (http://www.coneyislandpa…)
23. Visit the Oldest Winery in the U.S. Baker-Bird Winery: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
24. Visit the American Sign Museum: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
25. Take pictures of the fam. Maybe just my sister and my niece. I want them to have some nice photos and delve into.
26. Splurge On Something Special from Findlay Market: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
27. Do the Backroads Kentucky Wine Trail: (http://www.kentuckywine.…)
28. Visit Loveland’s Historic Castle: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
29. Start making YouTube videos. I always say I’m going to and I never ever do.
30. Organize my current non-fiction novel in order. Not edit. Just fix it so it works. It’s way too scattered and there’s so much content there.
31. Have a karaoke night with friends.
32. Take a Cooking Class at the Party Source: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
33. Go on a BB Riverboat Tour: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
34. Go tubing.
35. Ride a Roller Coaster at Night at Kings Island: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
36. Since I’m actually starting a blog I should probably stick to this one.
37. Read 15 books this summer. I watch waaayyyy too much TV. I need to go back to my old ways and pick up a book and stick with it. I’m such a bad writer, I don’t even read anymore.
38. Eat dinner at Riverview 360: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
39. Have a dinner party.
40. Play a song on the guitar. Seriously, I have one and it’s accumulating dust right now.
41. Go to Oktoberfest: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
42. Go on a Queen City Underground Tour: (http://www.yelp.com/biz/…)
44. Go to Nashville.
45. Go to Party in the Park.
46. Go to Bunbury.
46. Go to a Fountain Square concert.
47. See a band perform and meet them in person.
Ok, well I think that’s good and fulfilling right? I mean obviously this blog is on here for me to write in. I’m a writer that has a problem with writing. it’s quite the conundrum, since that’s what I want to do for a living. I really want to try this during the summer and who knows, maybe I’ll actually write about it. Fictionalize writing about it, that is. Besides the to do list I’m going to attempt to write about what’s going on in my life and such as well. That way, I can get out the access emotional crap and start writing. YEAAAHH!