A Second Try
There were so many things that I did over the summer that I cannot even name them all. I did do a bit of guest writing on my friend Lauren’s blog. She is a great friend and an avid blogger. Lauren is one of the reasons I actually wanted to blog because I was so jealous! I also admire the fact that she posts multiple times a week, which I have never done….
She was gracious enough to let me post about my experience at the Bunbury Music Festival. For those who are not from Cincinnati. Bunbury is this magical time where there are amazing bands all playing in one place for only three days. It’s quite exhausting and hot but once you get over yourself and let the music in-you’re overjoyed and happy. I’m not the most patient gal but music keeps me sane and Bunbury is a mini vacation for me. While Bunbury only started two years ago, it has become a huge hit. I would say it’s a baby version of Bonnaroo without the camping. If you would like to read the blogs I wrote on Lauren’s blog here ya go:
I started this blog because I wanted to “kick” things off my bucket list, but as you can tell my past entry was from June or so. Ooops! I’m really bad at keeping track with my writing, it’s something that I keep telling myself to change and I don’t. I want to write about everything. I don’t want to limit myself. So, with that in mind, what am I going to write about?
Well, I will give you a few facts about myself.
- I like to write all sorts of things. Songs, poems, short stories, non-fiction etc. I honestly couldn’t say which one was my favorite but I get more ideas for short fiction and songs than I do novels.
- I love to get out of my humdrum routine. I really love trying new restaurants or bars. I enjoy going to the same places and doing the same things from time to time but I enjoy spontaneity because I can’t be as spontaneous as I used to be *Cue the “Working 9-5” song*.
- I love libraries, books, literature in general. It boggles my mind that people don’t use them more, especially those who have kids. I think of libraries like I do candy shops, priceless and filled with amazing goodies.
- I love Cincinnati. I used to hate it mainly because I have lived in Northern Kentucky (NKY) all of my life, but the more I grow in between the two areas I appreciate it more and more. NKY gives me the suburb life I grew up with and appreciated but downtown Cincinnati gives me a taste of city life that I need.
- I love movies and TV. It’s getting to the point where it’s a problem… as in it takes over my life. Granted, Movies, songs and TV are my biggest inspirations-not to mention books. Definitely books.
- I like YouTube and YouTubers… talking about taking over my life. Some channels do. I can’t wait to create content and have it put out there for everyone to see. I’m working towards figuring out editing and buying a nice camera and such. So far not so good, but it will happen.
- I am single… which apparently is rare in NKY and the Cincinnati area if you are in your early to mid twenties. Who knew…. So I might expand on that and what has happened to me. Of course that area can get tricky so who knows.
- I love hockey. I became a hockey addict last year and cheer for my Cincinnati Cyclones more than I cheer for the Bengals and Reds combined.
So you can expect movie reviews, dating advice, Cincinnati places, book reviews, bits of creative writing here and there and some other stuff as well. Here’s to a second try at a new blog!