Top Ten Ways To Cure A Bad Day
Having two jobs can be really stressful, and sometimes I can’t handle the busy crazy cycle that is life and need to pull myself together. Here are a few things I do when I’m having a crappy day:
1. Treat Yo Self! I’m not saying this is a once a week or even a once a month thing, buying something nice when you’re upset is oddly rewarding. Are you feeling gross and insecure? Buy yourself a dress/suit that makes you feel attractive. Did someone upset you? Buy that video game that you’ve wanted for weeks and rage out on some storm troopers in Star Wars Battlefront. Treat Yo Self!
2. Eat a cookie or grab a coffee. Need to get through the bad day you’re having? Eat/drink something with some caffeine. I find myself looking forward to meals when I’m trying to power through a day. However, if you feast on candy and drink a vente caramel macchiatto you might find yourself crashing in a few hours. I know from lots of experience.
3. Have a glass of wine or drink a beer. When you finally get home get yourself a glass of alcohol and put on your pj’s and snuggle in bed and watch Netflix. It helps you relax and it’s like having dessert.
4. Exercise. I hate this answer, but it will take your mind off of whatever is going on around you. Beat that punching bag and pump up the adrenaline! While getting their sucks, the feeling afterwards is satisfying.
5. Listen to your favorite songs over and over again. I like Spotify but Pandora and YouTube can help your gripes and pains. I find that fast dance music makes me feel happier but indulging in sad music can let you commiserate in peace if need be.
6. Write, sing, play your favorite sport-take a hobby and throw yourself into it. I write to make the anger subside. If you write it down on paper you have less stress inside yourself and your voicing your problems healthily and cathartically.
7. Have a good cry. Sometimes crying is the best think you can do for yourself. In Everybody Loves Raymond Debra sometimes takes a day to cry alone. I totally get that. Crying is healthy… according to WebMD.
8. For some people it’s babies, for me it’s animals. I find a puppy, a cat, my niece or nephew (Those babies don’t count, they can always make me smile).
9. Smile. Believe it or not forcing yourself to smile will make you happier. It’s weird, but it does help.
10. My favorite and most used method? Calling a friend or a family member. Works everytime. They’re there for you and will make your day better.
Posted on October 21, 2014, in Past Entries and tagged anger, bad day, caffeine, coffee, everybody loves raymond, happy, music, netlix, parks and recreation, sad, star wars battlefront, treat yo self, video games. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.