The 10 Things You Need To Know About Dating
Hello everyone, it is top ten Tuesday! Today I will be delving into the realm of dating. I have always been enthralled with the idea of love. I am a romantic. While I hate to admit it, I do like “The Notebook” and the occasional romantic comedy from time to time. So that is why I date. No, not so I have someone to watch rom coms with, but I date so that I can find someone to simply be with. Believe it or not, finding someone compatible can be rather challenging. Here are some tips that might help you along with you dating career:
1. Do not talk about your ex. I know that this gets repeated over and over again, but really, don’t. Know why? If you start talking about your ex you’re only going to be getting into a ditch that you’ll have trouble digging yourself out of. If they start talking about their ex, try to validate what they’re saying, but make sure to steer the conversation elsewhere. If they keep talking about their ex, get the Hell out of dodge. Seriously. Go.
2. Don’t get drunk on a date. It may seem like a great option when you’re nervous and freaking out, but believe me, don’t. You’ll most likely embarrass yourself, or at the very least you will be sleepy and won’t concentrate on the date.
3. Your first date, shouldn’t be a group date. It’s weird, it’s awkward and you won’t really get to know the person. Even if you have known the person for months or years, it’s hard to get personal when there’s five other people around.
4. Don’t go to a movie on your first date. Ditto to the above. Get to know them, talk to them!
5. You shouldn’t mention marriage or kids. Unless you want to do those things tomorrow and your date does too, it’s not the right thing to mention. Plus, there’s always time…. unless your ninety. Then there’s a little less time.
6. First dates can make anyone nervous. However, if you feel like you’re in a bad situation, you feel uncomfortable or if you feel like the date isn’t going anywhere-you should leave. I’ve recently been on a date where the guy wasn’t my type. There was nothing wrong with him. He was nice, but we didn’t have any chemistry. It didn’t feel right, so after an hour I told a white lie and left. He got the hint, I felt slightly guilty but it was for the best. I’d rather not lead someone on.
7. Don’t do anything you don’t want to do. If you don’t want to go back to someone’s house, or if you don’t want to kiss the person you’re on a date with-you shouldn’t have to lower your level of comfort.
8. Never settle. If you’re not attracted to them, then why hurt the person you’re going on a date with? It’s cruel to them, and it’s a waste of time for you.
9. Date outside the box. If you like someone but they’re not your “type”, try dating them anyway. You can be pleasantly surprised when you try to meet new people.
10. DON’T BE YOURSELF. I know what everyone says, just be yourself and they’ll love you. Well I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t work. Be the best version of you, be the person you strive to be. Think of who you would like to be and become that person on your date. Who knows? Maybe you’ll become that amazing person you’ve always longed to be with another person. Now wouldn’t that be great?
What are some of your dating tips?
Posted on February 17, 2015, in Past Entries and tagged advice, boyfriend, date, dating, disney, ex, girlfriend, hercules, love, relationship, romance, the notebook, twenty something. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.