The Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being Single
As I’ve mentioned in past posts, I’m single and live by myself. Sure, I’m looking for love, but sometimes being single is the best! Here are some reasons why I like being single:
1. I can watch any show, YouTube channel or movie that I want. I watch a lot of YouTube. A LOT. I also watch some crappy sappy TV shows that most people snub. I love good TV, but I also love bad TV. Sometimes I just want to watch Millionaire Matchmaker in peace.
2. I can make plans on a whim. If I want to take a road trip to Chicago, I can. There’s nothing stopping me… well except my job. But besides that, open road!
3. I can have a crush on multiple guys. Sometimes it’s fun to flirt. Since I’m single, I don’t have to feel guilty. I can kick back and get my flirt on.
4. I never have to meet the parents. I’m pretty good at the meeting the parents thing, but I still hate being nervous and freaking out before it happens. I also never have to attend awkward holiday gatherings where I only know my significant other. Sure it gets awkward less and less with each event, but it’s still my least favorite thing about dating someone. I get nervous way too easily, this doesn’t help.
5. I can spend all weekend inside if I want to. I don’t have to leave the comfort of my bed and my Netflix account is only a few inches away.
6. I don’t have to care about my appearance. I can wear my Avengers sweatshirt and my softest pj pants and wear face masks all day. It makes me happy and I don’t have to exert any effort. Basically, it gives me a reason to become completely lazy. LOVEEE ITTTT.
7. I can eat the last piece of pizza or the last bite of chocolate. I live on my own, my stomach has the last say so.
8. Being single = less responsibility. I do like being in a relationship, but it can be extremely stressful. Instead of worrying about what my partner is thinking or having to deal with kids and/or a marriage, I can worry about myself (Which is easier said than done). I can concentrate on my career and make the decisions I need to make that suit me best. I can be selfish and guilt free.
9. You don’t have to pretend to like their style. Want to have a flowery bedspread? Do you secretly hate anime or sports? Guess what, you don’t have to pretend to like those things anymore. While I try not to lie about what I enjoy anymore, I try to make compromises if I like someone. No compromises have to be made when you’re single.
10. You can find out who you want to be. If you want to be a better, stronger person then be alone. I think relationships can help aide motivation but I think you truly find yourself when you’re on your own doing your own thing. If you don’t like being by yourself, nobody else will want to be with you either.
Are you single? What do you like about it? What do you hate about it?
Posted on February 24, 2015, in Past Entries and tagged avengers, love, Netflix, new girl, relationship, single, Taylor-Swift, top ten, twenties, twenty something, YouTube, Zooey Deschanel. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.