The Top Ten Things That Make Me Insanely Happy
Hey everyone, it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Since I’ve had all this anxiety stuff going on I decided I should focus on the good things in my life and focus on what makes me happy.
1. Food. I love food, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I plan my day around what meal I’m going to have next, and I get excited by it. Genuinely. Am I going to have hibatchi for lunch today? Well today is going to be fabulous then. I’m going to Bunbury Music Festival this weekend and all I can think about is the fact that I can have Eli’s Barbecue everyday while watching amazing music…. I swear I care about the music too.
2. Coffee. As I’ve said before, I am a coffee addict. I love coffee, and I think coffee loves me too. We have a beautiful relationship, don’t judge.
3. Traveling. I get so excited for the smallest of trips. I’m planning on going to Chicago and Washington D.C. this summer and I’m beyond pumped. I’ve never been to D.C. and cannot wait to check it out! I’m hoping to go to Europe next year to visit my best friend while he’s teaching in Spain… is this possible? Maybe. I’m going to try and make it there because I miss going outside the country and visiting somewhere new. Plus, I think I’ll miss him too much and need a fix before he comes home.
4. People. My family, my boyfriend and my friends can make my day better in an instant. I’m one of those people who usually feels better when they’re around people. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy curling up with some wine and a good book at my house, but I also need to be around people to really recharge sometimes. Some of my happiest moments in life are being with people I care about.
5. Singing. I sing all the time. Even when I talk I tend to do the Zooey Deschanel singing random words thing she does in New Girl. It’s something that I’m not the absolute best at, but it does make me forget about my problems. Plus, when you actually hit that note you didn’t think you could hit, you feel like a star…. Yes I did watch too much Glee in the early seasons.
6. Writing. If I write a line I really like or I have a killer idea, I can accept that and feel proud of myself. Granted, it doesn’t happen often but it’s nice when it does.
7. Music, film, books or plays-the arts really. I can’t play an instrument, I can’t act all that well and I definitely cannot draw. So seeing someone else doing these amazing things makes me jealous in the best possible way. I love creative people and I’m amazed by art everyday. There’s so many things worth looking at out there.
8. The beach. I’ve been to the beach before but when I do get to see the ocean I act like a kid again. I went to Destin, Florida last year with my best friend and I reverted immediately back to when I was eight and use to play in the water. I hope to go back to the beach or at least to a lake here soon!
9. Summer. There’s something so hopeful about warm weather to me. I think it’s because I associate warm weather with happiness because I use to have the summer to myself. Every kid looks forward to summer break, and I still let the weather influence my mood.
10. Learning something new. I completely admit that I don’t know everything… not even close. So when I figure out how to do something new, I am floored. From time to time I impress myself by learning something I never thought I’d get the hang of.
What makes you insanely happy?