The Top Ten Things I Think About Before I Fall Asleep
I find myself constantly scaring myself before I go to sleep. It could be anything really. It could be about my job, my family, work, ghosts, etc. I tend to do this only when I’m on the brink of dreaming and sleeping as well.
1.One time I just HEARD about the plot of It Follows, and was terrified for two nights.
2. Did I lock my doors? I know I did. I’m almost positive I did, but I’m going to check them anyway.
3. Did I send that email? Did I remember to finish that proposal? This always happens. I still have nightmares about a previous job, high school and college. Luckily, no more I’m naked and I don’t know why because I’m in public dreams. Yayyyy!
4. How many hours sleep will I get if I start sleeping now? What about now? Now? This is why I have stopped having a visible alarm clock.
5. Do I have time to get good coffee in the morning? I always have elaborate plans at night….they usually don’t pan out.
6. I should work out in the morning. I need to work out more.
7. Do spiders really crawl into our mouths while we’re sleeping? I heard that’s a myth but… do they?
8. Every embarrassing or cringe worthy moment I’ve ever had just hit me. Crap.
9. Why am I not tired? Think of boring things. Think of boring things. Ooooh what if I got a puppy? That’d be awesome. Damn. That’s not boring.
10. I usually think of a really interesting story or song idea right as I’m about to sleep. Then I debate on writing it down but usually opt for I’ll remember in the morning, which I never do. Sigh.
What do you think about before you go to sleep?