There are lots of things in my life that I regret. The difference is, I regret that I did something, but I don’t regret that it happened. The outcome of a decision I made might be terrible, but I made it. It was meant to happen. At least that’s how I look at it. I have to remind myself of this theory everyday. Sure there are things that ARE in my realm of control (Which I love), but almost everything is out of my control. Things happen, because they were meant to happen. I can’t control everything.
The thing about anxiety is, you’re always wondering what shoe is going to drop next. You’re anxious about the fact you don’t know the future, and you’re not sure what’s on the horizon for you and the people you love. That however, is life. In life’s worst moments, I need to remind myself that this is in some sort of way out of my control. What’s the worst that will happen?
This is a short post, but I had a weird onslaught of dreams that involve people I haven’t talked to in years last night. When I woke up this morning I felt like I needed to write this theory down and emphasis its importance. Sometimes in life, you need to be selfish. It’s how you balance selfishness and selflessness that really matters. Don’t be a jerk, but also don’t deny yourself of happiness. Much easier said then done. I’m going to try and continue to toe the line. It’s just hard to see friends go sometimes, even if it for the best that they’re not in your life anymore.
- Broad City season 3. It’s the little things. But no, really, I’m looking forward to it, Abbi and Ilana are my heros. I want to see Game of Thrones too but I’m still all bummed about one of my favorite characters dying.
- I’m kinda thanking my lucky stars that “Let It Go” from Frozen is not being played as much or referenced… However I did just ruin that by referencing it now. Crap.
- It’s an even year, which supposedly means good luck. Let’s see about that!
- The possibility of starting to exercise both at the gym and bouldering. Maybe now, I can be buff for the first time. Hey it could happen! I have a friend that’s getting a gym pass and my boyfriend has one so there ya go.
- I’m excited for Beerfest at the Duke Energy Center in Cincinnati. It’s one of my favorite events to go to each year. Last year I even interviewed a brewer and self defined beer snob, Kory Roaden. Craft bbbeerrrrrrr!
- I’m excited for the possibility of a vacation for next year. I’m not sure where I’ll go, but I see a beach in my future.
- I’m excited that I’ll see my bff next year. It’s been way too long, but he’ll back from Spain soon(ish)!
- I am excited to really get into books again. Since my library days are sadly over, it’s been a bit harder to find good books, but I’m going to make reading a priority again this year.
- Having better cooking/baking skills. I’m trying to expand my culinary skills and thanks to some Christmas presents this year I think I’ll be getting better!
- Starting out a new year. We can always pretend it’s a blank slate, right?